Add to Wishlist
Choose an existing wishlist or create a new one.
Create a New Wishlist:
- or -
Choose an Existing Wishlist:
|Trim Size:||6 1/2" X 9"|
|Grades:||4 - 6|
|Ages:||9 - 11|
|Guided Reading Level:||W|
|AR Quiz #:||164677|
- Sidebars illustrate how history affects the present day
- Glossaries define important vocabulary specific to each book
- Timelines and maps increase readers’ understanding of historical context
- Contains commentary about how the event has helped shape the world as we know it
- Additional content for further learning on this subject available at www.factsfornow.scholastic.com
- Complex and captivating informational texts clearly explain historical events, political ideas, and scientific procedures.
- Photos, graphs, diagrams, and other text features challenge students to synthesize information from various media to demonstrate understanding of the text.
- Paired texts present the same theme from different perspectives, encouraging students to compare and contrast the most important points.
- Build social studies and academic vocabulary with grade-appropriate words used in context.
- There’s always room for debate with our sophisticated topics. That’s why Cornerstones of Freedom titles make perfect resources for persuasive writing projects, challenging students to cite textual evidence to support their views.
- These complex social studies topics are ideal for collaborative discussions. Students will have to explicitly draw from the text to engage in the conversation.